Do you love to sing?
Why don’t you consider auditioning as a soloist for the Festival of Music! This is a wonderful opportunity for students to sing with a choir of more than 1500 voices and full orchestra backing – all on a world class stage!
This year students can be nominated for the following solos;
Sounds of the Public School - NOW 3 Solos
- Solo 1 is first half of the original solo - bars 69-77.
- Solo 2 is part A from bar 79 to the end.
- Solo 3 starts at bar 85 to the end, which is the second half of the original solo.
Mayangan - NOW 2 Solos
- Verse 1 is solo 1
- The Bridge is solo 2.
- Solo 1 and Solo 2 combine to sing the final 2 bars B117-118 as long as their voices work together.
Rockstar - NOW 3 Solos
- Solo 1 – Verse 1 Bar 8-14, Bar 94-95 and Bar 111-112 and B122-124
- Solo 2 – Verse 3 Bar 30-36, , Bar 98-99, Bar 115 --116 and Bar 122-124
- Solo 3 sings Bar 102 – 109, and Bar 119 – 120 which is different ** and Bar 122-124.
I Have a Voice - 3 Solos! Stays as in the Songbook.
Sisi ni moja (We are one) - NOW 1 Solo
- Solo 1 is a new solo, and is the descant part, B69-79 to the end of the song.
Don't Stop - NOW 4 Solos
- Solo 1 – Verse 2 – soprano part… B29-36
- Solo 2 - Verse 2 - alto part … B29-36
- Solo 3 – Verse 3 – soprano part…. B57-67
- Solo 4 - Verse 3 - alto part … B57 – 64 + join the soprano to sing B65-67 Aah ( if voices suit!)
- Outro B76-88
All soloists learn to sing the outro for the audition.
Final decision will be made at the solo masterclass depending on quality of the 4 voices.
Encourage students to practice with the choral and backing tracks rather than the solo track as these haven't been updated.