Request for Cluster Rehearsal Host schools
To be a Cluster Host School
- You will need a rehearsal space with enough chairs to seat a minimum of 80 and a maximum of 100
students, including your own choir.
- You will need an accompanist. If you do not have an accompanist at your school, please contact the PSMF and we will send you a list of HPI Accompanist contact details. You need to confirm your accompanist’s availability before you make your submission.
So, why don’t you offer to host a cluster rehearsal at your school?
Now that the 2020 affiliation is underway, we are beginning the process of finding Host Schools for our Cluster Rehearsals which are held in Term 1.
A cluster rehearsal:
- is held at a HOST school, and one or more schools might attend, according to their choir rehearsal day & location, meaning students may walk to a nearby host school, or be transported by bus or private cars. (even if it is a different day to your usual choir rehearsal day – saves you $$)
- is held at the HOST school, allow 1 ½ hours, Monday to Friday
- 9:15am set up and arrival of choirs, 9:30am – 10:30am,
- or 11:15am set up and arrival of choirs, 11:30am – 12:30pm,
- or 1:15pm set up and arrival of choirs, 1:30 – 2:30pm.
Robyn or Cathy will rehearse with your choir for the hour indicated in bold and underlined.
- is set up by the HOST school with:
- might continue once Robyn or Cathy has finished, with one of the choir teachers leading a sing through of other repertoire, practising choreography or signing, or doing a ‘cool down’ singing game / activitiy. Please coordinate this with the schools and teachers who are attending your cluster.
- enough chairs in the choir rehearsal space (see below)
- a music stand
- an HPI accompanist
- a piano or portable keyboard
- a CD player / Bluetooth speaker / sound system
- could be in week 3 to kick start your program!!!
- OR might be later once you have commenced rehearsals, so Robyn or Cathy build on current knowledge and introduce new repertoire.
SUBMISSIONS are DUE 23/11/2019
IF YOU WISH TO HOST A WEEK 3-8 CLUSTER REHEARSAL AT YOUR SCHOOL
- If you do not have an accompanist at your school, please contact the PSMF and we will send you a list of HPI Accompanist contact details. You need to confirm your accompanist’s availability before you make your submission.
- You will need a rehearsal space with enough chairs to seat a minimum of 80 and a maximum of 100 students, including your own choir.
- Every choir who attends a cluster rehearsal may bring one and a half times their Festival Choir allocation, ie. if your Festival choir allocation is 32 students, you can bring 32 plus an additional 16 students, so in total 48 students.
- When the schedule is finalised, you will be sent a copy of the schedule and once confirmed, it will be published to all 2020 PSMF schools.
ALL schools who are NOT hosting a cluster rehearsal must sign up to ATTEND a cluster rehearsal date and venue via the Cluster Rehearsal registration, which will be available in late January 2020.
So, get in early!!!! Cluster rehearsal HOSTS will be assigned in order of receipt, and will be limited by geographical area. This means that even if you offer to host, this may not always be possible and you may have to attend another cluster in your area. But also please consider schools that are in your partnership, or within walking distance, and invite them to your cluster if you are registering to be a HOST school.