When selecting music, we look at a wide range of genres, including: artistic, Australian (theme or composer), 'big sing', classical, folk, fun/different, popular/choreography, show tunes, world/multicultural, contemporary, jazz, indigenous and kid's choice.
Send us your suggestions
Got an idea for a song? Then let us know!
Before you send us your idea, ask yourself these questions:
Does it make me feel good and have a positive message?
Is it a catchy tune?
Is it about 3 minutes long?
Are the words ok for primary students to sing?
The songs can be an old classic, rock/pop, from another country, fast or slow, funny, serious or just a really good sing!
To foster composition and celebrate Australian composers, the Festival of Music features a commissioned work each year.
- 2019 "Dear Pen Pal" by Robyn Habel
- 2018 "Next Stop - North Terrace" by Mark Simeon Ferguson
- 2017 "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King" by Richard Chew
- 2016 "Mission Possible" Glyn Lehman and Robyn Habel
- 2015 Remembrance Song Cycle arranged by Glyn Lehmann
"ANZAC Biscuits" commissioned work by John Schumann
- 2014 "Flight" Paul Jarman
- 2013 "Moral of the Story" Mark Simeon Ferguson
- 2012 "Danny Allen Was Here"John Schumann & Phil Cummings
- 2011 "The Tales" Robyn Habel
- 2010 "The Heroes" Glyn Lehmann
Adelaide Choirs for Children
Here are some websites of out-of-school choirs you might be interested in joining.
- Australian Girls Choir - http://www.ausgirlschoir.com.au/
- Young Adelaide Voices - http://www.youngadelaidevoices.asn.au/
- Gondwana National Choirs - http://gondwana.org.au/
- Gondwana National Choral School - https://www.gondwana.org.au/festival-of-summer-voices/national-choral-school-2020/