Nominations and Auditions Opening Early 2020
The two Hosts per concert work as a team to:
- Present the performance to the audience.
- Announce the national anthem and welcome the audience.
- Introduce the songs.
- Acknowledge soloists and special guests.
- Introduce Guest Artists,
- Thank all concerned at the conclusion of the concert.
- Deliver safety information.
Click here to check out this clip of the 2017 Hosts for more info
Hosts will be visible to the audience for the whole concert. Presenting in a manner that supports the feel and look of the performance.
- Students do not need to be choir members to be Hosts
- Students do not need to be from a school which has a choir.
- If they are choir members, they will sing in the choir with their school and Host on another night.
- Students who are in Troupe or Orchestra cannot be Hosts.
- Confident, self-disciplined and good at working in a team
- Animated, flexible, expressive and energetic
- Able to attend all workshops/rehearsals and their performance.
A Host's commitment and responsibilities;
- Hosts workshop 1 Sunday July 28th (Term 3 week 1) 10:00 to 4:00pm at PSMF Klemzig, 28 Hay St, Klemzig.
- Hosts workshop 2 Sunday August 4th (Term 3 week 2) 10:00 to 4:00pm at PSMF Klemzig, 28 Hay St, Klemzig.
- Hosts workshop 3 Sunday August 25th (Term 3 week 5) 10:00am to 4:00pm at PSMF Klemzig, 28 Hay St, Klemzig.
- Attendance at a rehearsal at the Magic Millions, Morphettville (during Weeks 5 and 6 in Term 3).
- Hosts workshop 4 Monday September 2nd (Term 3 week 7) 10:00am to 4:00pm at PSMF Klemzig, 28 Hay St, Klemzig.
- Attendance at a familiarisation at the Festival Theatre on a date to be confirmed.
- Attendance at a rehearsal and performance at the Festival Theatre during Weeks 8 & 9 Term 3.
All of the above require compulsory attendance