What do Hosts do?
Hosts rehearse and film "grabs" to help choirs and the Festival family know what's happening during the year. Hosts present 2 concerts in September at the Festival Theatre. They are front and centre for much of the show. They have expressive personalities and clear speaking voices. They entertain the audience, introducing songs and guest artists.
Hosts work in a team with a co-host and an adult mentor. They learn stagecraft and hone their speaking skills, building the confidence to feel comfortable hosting to a large audience.
Qualities we look for in a Host
- In Year 6
- Confident, self-disciplined and good at working in a team
- Animated, flexible, expressive and energetic
- A Host must be able to attend all workshops, rehearsals and their performances.
- Thursdays once a fortnight from 4:15pm to 6:00pm at the Festival of Music office, 28 Hay Street, Klemzig (Country students can be accommodated) commencing in Term One Week 8 or 9
- Weekend workshops and filming sessions on some weekends.
- Attendance at 2 off-site choir rehearsals between Tuesday 17 August and Thursday 24 August.
- Hosting two evening concerts at the Adelaide concert series in the Festival Theatre between Wednesday 13 September and Saturday 23 September.
Additional rehearsals to film grabs will be offered to available hosts.
An $80 participation fee will be charged which includes a rehearsal/filming Host hoodie. Social Justice funding can be negotiated for those families suffering financial hardship.
Hosts will be visible to the audience for most of the concert, presenting in a manner that supports the feel and look of the performance.
- Students do not need to be choir members to be Hosts.
- Students do not need to be from a school which has a choir.
- If Hosts are choir members, we will try our best to have them sing in the choir with their school and Host on other nights.
- Students who are in Troupe or Orchestra cannot be Hosts.