What do Hosts do?
Hosts rehearse and film "grabs" to help choirs and the Festival family know what's happening during the year. Hosts present 2 concerts in September at the Festival Theatre. They are on stage for a lot of the show, leading and entertaining the audiences they introduce items and guest artists. Hosts work with a co-host and an adult mentor. They learn stagecraft and hone their speaking skills, building the confidence to feel comfortable hosting shows in front of a large audience.
Meet our Hosts!
Hosts will be visible to the audience for the whole concert. Presenting in a manner that supports the feel and look of the performance.
- Students do not need to be choir members to be Hosts.
- Students do not need to be from a school which has a choir.
- If Hosts are choir members, they will sing in the choir with their school and Host on another night.
- Students who are in Troupe or Orchestra cannot be Hosts.
A Host must be able to attend all workshops/rehearsals and their performance/s.
Thursdays once a fortnight from 4:15pm to 6:00pm at the Festival of Music office at Klemzig Primary School (Country students, we will organise video conferencing) commencing in week 9 of Term One.
Weekend workshops and filming sessions on some weekends, dates and times TBA.
Hosting two concerts at the Adelaide concert series.
Other qualities we look for in a Host
- In Year 6 or 7
- Confident, self-disciplined and good at working in a team
- Animated, flexible, expressive and energetic