Congratulations to Kesia from Walkerville Primary.
Create a piece of art!
Students are invited to design the Songbook Cover for the Festival of Music 2021. One winner will have their artwork professionally incorporated for the Songbook Cover for 2021, on the website and the app, CDs, DVDs, concert programs, certificates and more.
For inspiration when designing the Songbook Cover and illustrations, look and listen to the choral repertoire for 2021 (below). You can also read about the 2021 Commissioned Work ‘Water is Life’.
Competition closes Friday 13 November 2020.
Here are some YouTube links that may help with design and layout
Previous Years Covers
Click to see the Choral Repertoire 2021
Choral Repertoire 2020
- Higher Ground - In the 2018 Eurovision Contest this song was sung by Rasmussen, from Denmark. The song is inspired by the legend of Magnus Erlendsson, a late Viking age chieftain.
- I’m a Train - is a song written by Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood and performed by Albert Hammond.
- Not Perfect – Tim Minchin - The Lyrics will be slightly revised by Naomi Crellin from The Idea of North.
- Raining on the Plains - Sara Storer, featuring John Williamson - Celebrating the rains out in the country regions, a true blue Aussie song, with a toe tapping country music feel.
- Cherokee Morning Song - A traditional native North American Indian song.
- Sing - Pentatonix - The track celebrates singing as a way of overcoming hard times and of enjoying good times.
- Spinning, Spinning - Katherine Ruhle - From a set of works called “Minibeast Perspectives”. This piece is for the choir and piano only.