Festival of Music Repertoire
When selecting music, we look at a wide range of genres, including: artistic, Australian (theme or composer), 'big sing', classical, folk, fun/different, popular/choreography, show tunes, world/multicultural, contemporary, jazz, Indigenous and kid's choice.
The 2021 repertoire has been selected. The Commissioned Work is being composed by Glyn Lehmann and is tentatively titled “Water is Life”.
Click to see the Choral Repertoire 2021
Choral Repertoire 2020
- Higher Ground - In the 2018 Eurovision Contest this song was sung by Rasmussen, from Denmark. The song is inspired by the legend of Magnus Erlendsson, a late Viking age chieftain.
- I’m a Train - is a song written by Albert Hammond and Mike Hazlewood and performed by Albert Hammond.
- Not Perfect – Tim Minchin - The Lyrics will be slightly revised by Naomi Crellin from The Idea of North.
- Raining on the Plains - Sara Storer, featuring John Williamson - Celebrating the rains out in the country regions, a true blue Aussie song, with a toe tapping country music feel.
- Cherokee Morning Song - A traditional native North American Indian song.
- Sing - Pentatonix - The track celebrates singing as a way of overcoming hard times and of enjoying good times.
- Spinning, Spinning - Katherine Ruhle - From a set of works called “Minibeast Perspectives”. This piece is for the choir and piano only.